Monday, May 17, 2010

So once again this year, I have the opportunity to help raise funds/awareness for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I'll be walking in the AFSP Out of the Darkness Community Walk this year and need walkers as well as donations :)Unlike the walk last year, this one is 3-5 miles and is NOT overnight. Also, there is no registration fee or minimum to raise.

The event is on September 25, 2010 to honor those who have lost their lives, support those who have survived and educate all those who suffer from depression and other factors that might lead someone to suicidal thoughts/actions. The message of Christ's love is an important banner that I wish to carry in my conversations with people I hope to meet that day.

Join me to walk for this great cause, walk for your own health and to enjoy the beautiful scenery at the Chicago Botanic Gardens? If you would like to be part of my team, please search for the team name at www.outofthedarkness.org and you can register through the team page! If you cannot join, but would like to make a donation, please see me or click on "Make a Donation" on the top right side of the home page for the walk (www.outofthedarkness.org). No donation is too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment